Wylie Co. is an Oscar, Bafta and VES award-winning creative company working in film, and pre/post visualization work.
The Systems team works in a fast-paced environment that focuses on the day to day support of the maintenance of applications, OS, hardware, monitoring resources and troubleshooting. They need to be able to communicate well with the end users and deal with varied issues on a daily basis. These can include OS (Windows and Linux), hardware, application deployments, networking, storage, studio setups, remote working etc.
This role is ideal for someone who has a keen interest in being involved in a creative environment and wants a future within Systems Operations, Engineering and DevOps.
Wylie Co staff have the option to split their work time between home and the office, though some office attendance will be expected for certain team meetings, so the candidate will need to be able to commute into Culver City easily.
- Interact with Artists and Producers as the frontline support of systems infrastructure and applications.
- Workstation and render farm management, hardware and software relocation, configuration, and support.
- Keep track of all hardware and software assets including rental equipment within the company asset management database.
- Manage technical issues and requests using our Jira ticketing systems
- Create and support documentation and SOPs on our Confluence Wiki.
- Interact with artists on a daily basis using multiple forms of communications including Jira, email, phone, or in person,
- Be part of the on-call rotation to provide coverage for various projects.
- Work closely with the Global Systems and development teams to continue the integration of services into our environment.
- Manage and support existing studio systems environments with a focus on stability and security
- Help to develop policies and formal documentation.
- Lead maintenance and automation projects and initiatives.
- Research and evaluate emerging relevant technologies and services.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience supporting Windows/Red Hat Linux and/or MacOS-based infrastructure. Experience in a creative / production environment is a big plus!
- Hands-on hardware experience; builds, upgrades, repair including Data Center
- Working knowledge of networking equipment and concepts, including familiarity with OSPF, BGP and 802.1x
- Windows Systems administration and deployment (AD, WDS, WSUS)
- Experience working with PCoIP technologies such as Teradici and Leostream.
- Storage configuration and management (monitoring, allocating and troubleshooting). NIS, NFS, autofs administration
- Experience with installing and troubleshooting software issues.
- VMWare and/or virtual server environment administration
- Familiarity with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, GIT or similar
- Knowledge in one or more scripting languages (Powershell, Bash, or Python)
- Experience of working with Atlassian products (Jira ,Confluence)
- Knowledge of cloud based solutions around compute, storage and network
- Knowledge of Postgres and/or MySQL databases is a plus
- Knowledge of working with AR & VR HMDs on projects, LBEs or installations is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and having a patient manner is desirable. Previous experience in a customer-facing role is a plus.
- Ability to be part of an on-call support rotation and respond after hours when on-call.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds when moving large data center gear.
- Strong self-guided problem solving skills
- A commitment to teamwork, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well organized and diligent at task follow-thru.
- Self-motivated, flexible & strong problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines but know when to escalate.
- The ability to work well in a team and communicate clearly.
- Autonomous, resourceful, positive, and calm in a production-oriented environment.
Wylie Co. is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favorable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org