Website WylieCompany Wylie Co.
Visual effects, evolved.
Lighting Technical Directors are responsible for the final 3D scene assembly, lighting and rendering of elements required to complete visual effects shots for high-end photo-realistic VFX projects.
Lead lighting artists will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Work with HOD improving lighting workflow and tools in conjunction with leads from multiple shows.
- Work with the HOD and shader department to innovate new lighting/shader techniques.
- Advise HOD of any advances made on a project for integration into other shows.
- Suggest technical approaches to lookdev for team members.
- Work with other departments to progress look-development of assets, (including fast presentation of concepting work).
- Give accurate feedback to all departments to improve the look and consistency of an asset.
- Maintain good relations with all other departments and address any issues promptly.
- Guide artists in a team how best to present work.
- Give feedback to the team on submissions and help guide comments in dailies sessions.
- Oversee and maintain lighting and lookdev nuke comps to present work to VFX/CG supervisors in as clear a fashion as possible.
- Provide examples of new lighting techniques in show context to VFX/CG supervisors to maintain consistency between shows.
- Maintain positive morale of the Lighting team on the project.
- Manage shot/task assignment within the team.
- Make task assignment and completion visible to the team.
- Highlight any low/high Lighting crewing issues to HOD and DM.
- Report any specific show issues that affect lighting to HOD and DM.
- Oversee Sequence and Shot lighting, in order to maintain consistency and time-saving efficiencies.
- Provide technical support for complex shots, highlighting in advance and then supporting shot-artists during delivery.
- Help Advise CG Supervisors on farm management.
- Keep an overview of render times and aim for improvements to use of farm resources.
- Good knowledge of other disciplines within VFX simulation, Modeling and UV mapping, Texturing and Camera tracking
- Team Managing experience in a large scale set up
- Experience of working with effects elements and volume rendering
- Experience with digital paint software such as photoshop or Mari
Wylie Co. is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org